Become a Join Dementia Research Champion
Join Dementia Research Champions are a group of people from around the UK, with and without memory problems, who care about dementia research, and want to play a role in accelerating progress. They have volunteered to raise awareness of the importance of clinical research and Join Dementia Research in their communities and at local events.
Watch Hilary Doxford talk about why she became a Join Dementia Research Champion:
What does a Champion do?
The activities we ask Join Dementia Research Lay Champions to help with may include:
- Contacting and engaging with local community groups and key individuals to raise awareness of Join Dementia Research in the area
- Giving talks and sharing information at Memory Cafés or local forums
- Working with the Local Clinical Research Network or memory services to share information
- Acting as a local spokesperson, such as speaking to and providing quotes for local or national media
- Helping distribute Join Dementia Research leaflets and posters at local organisations and events
It is a voluntary role, and there is no requirement to commit to a fixed number of hours or any length of time.
What can you expect in return?
As a Join Dementia Research Lay Champions you will be:
- Part of a wider patient-led community
- Exchanging knowledge, raising awareness and helping the public understand dementia
- Helping us make an impact on the future dementia research
- Investing in your local community
To find out more or to apply to become a Join Dementia Research Lay Champion please email us at email@example.com.