Last review date: November 2022
We hope you will have a positive experience using Join Dementia Research, but if you would like to make a complaint, please follow the processes below. We will work to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, and learn from it to improve the quality of our service.
We also value feedback about our service, whether positive or negative, as well as suggestions for how we can improve it. You do not need to use the complaints procedure to give us feedback and suggestions, istead you can simply contact us.
How to raise a complaint about Join Dementia Research
Please note that we can deal with complaints about the Join Dementia Research online service and support team directly. Complaints about research staff or studies, our charity helplines, or local research network staff will be signposted to the relevant body and complaints procedure for a resolution.
You can raise your complaint directly with the Join Dementia Research Manager:
- via email to email@example.com
- via post to Join Dementia Research Manager c/o NIHR Clinical Research Network, 21 Queen Street Leeds, LS1 2TW
The information we will need from you
- Your full name and Join Dementia Research username, if you have it.
- Your email address and/or postal address (so we can reply).
- A clear, detailed description of your complaint. Please avoid sharing sensitive personal data wherever possible, to protect your personal privacy.
- Copies of any letters or emails related to the complaint.
- How you would like us to resolve your complaint.
- How you would prefer us to contact you with the outcome of your complaint.
We aim to respond to complaints within 10 working days. If we cannot progress your complaint within this time, we will let you know when to expect a reply.
What happens next?
When you have made your complaint, we will:
- Confirm receipt of your complaint as soon as possible.
- Investigate your complaint thoroughly, fairly and quickly.
- Resolve your complaint in communication with you.
All complaints will be treated with as confidential, and information will only be shared with staff as necessary to the investigation.
What to do if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can appeal by contacting the Director at the following address:
c/o Director Of Stakeholder Engagement and Communications, Join Dementia Research Complaints, NIHR Clinical Research Network, 21 Queen Street Leeds, LS1 2TW.
To ensure that we can reply to your request, please ensure that you include your contact details such as a valid email or postal address or if you prefer, a phone number.
Although we aim to answer everything we receive, we may be unable to provide a response if your correspondence:
- Has no contact details provided.
- Asks questions about topics outside of the Join Dementia Research responsibility.
- Contains offensive language.
- Is illegible or cannot be read.
- Is selling or promoting a product.
For independent advice on data protection and privacy
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact: